Friday, November 21, 2008

Team Edward!

I did it! I was part of the group of fanatics! I stayed up until 12:01am to view the first showing of twilight! Ryan's mother and I were supposed to go with a bunch of other girls from various wards but she ended up not being able to go. SO, I invited my friend Sarah to go. At first I thought - what am I doing? This is going to be insane! I'll have to wait in line for hours just to get in, and then sit for hours waiting for the movie to start! Sarah felt the same about standing in line, plus she has 2 young kids so it would be hard for her to be away for so long during dinner and bedtime. So, we decided to go at 10:30pm thinking that would be fine - even if we didn't get the bests seats.

So, when we got there and saw the several lines, we weren't sure which one to stand in. Surprisingly they weren't that long! (There were showings at 12:01, 12:10, 12:20, and 12:30). That was a little encouraging! Then we asked an employee which line to stand in for our 12:01am showing. She laughed and told us that they had been seated over 2 hours ago! So, we made our way into the theater to find that in fact it was jam packed as we had originally suspected. We found some seats way in the front, although not the first row, and sat and waited. There were some crazy people in there! People kept shouting things about how they loved Edward. Someone started the wave like at a baseball game. Others started a count down which ended and 12:01am on their own watches, but apparently no one else's including the movie theater... It was amazing to see how excited everyone was to see the movie. I felt out of place since I didn't have any Twilight fan gear or my tattered book with me. Sarah and I thought that someone should have been up on the "stage" resiting lines from the books. It would have been entertaining...

So, finally the movie began. I was excited and I LOVED IT!! It started out a little rough for me, plus the angle was awkward since we sat so close, but all in all, I enjoyed the movie! I actually thought that maybe I should read the book again.

I am going with another group of girls to see the movie again Monday night and hopefully I'll have a better seat this time. I am definately team Edward, although the Jacob character was pretty cute!

1 comment:

sarahw said...

I woke up this morning tired, but really glad I went to see it. Thanks for the invite. I am not a die hard fanatic, but I love a good love story...and this is a GREAT love story. The style of this movie was different than many other movies, but I think that's why I loved the movie so much.

Weren't the Twilight fans crazy. They were almost as entertaining as the movie, okay not really.