Monday, October 20, 2008

Construction Zone

Say goodbye to our old kitchen! Construction begins TODAY! I am so excited! We are having our kitchen re-done, except for the cabinets and it all begins today. We are taking out the wall between the kitchen and the family room and extending the counter a little into the family room to make a bar. We picked out new granite, a new sink, new faucet, and new tile! YIPPEE! We are also getting new carpet! Since we are taking out the wall with our largest cabinets we are also having some new cabinets made to put opposite the sink.
They have told us it will only take 2-3 weeks, so I am REALLY hoping it doesn't go longer than that. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Basically we are opening up that little window - taking out that whole wall.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Which granite did you decide on?

jenn said...

I am so excited!! Please keep us updated! I want to live this vicariously... since I wouldn't even know where to begin to re-do my kitchen!!

eli&joelynn said...

VERY exciting.. I will be SO impressed if they stay on their time table too!! keep us posted!