Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just like riding a bicycle...

While we were in Colorado, Ryan and I decided to hit the slopes and do some snowboarding. We thought maybe a half day would be fine since neither Ryan or I had been boarding in a long, long time. I can't speak for Ryan but for me it was back in my college days... well over 10 years ago! Plus, I didn't ever go consistently enough to get really good at it. The best was a conversation Ryan and I had before we went. I told Ryan I thought I would probably spend most of the day falling and laying in the snow. He said, "I won't fall. Not even once." I didn't really believe him, but the day turned out just like that. I fell a lot and Ryan never did... This was the only picture someone else took of us. The rest are all super cute self portrait photos. ;)

Well, I guess Ryan took this photo of me. He was SOOOO sweet. I told him to leave me and go do some runs on his own - seeing as I was incredibly slow. He didn't. He never left me. He was my biggest cheerleader and I have to say that I definitely wouldn't have had as much fun had I been by myself. Thanks hubby!




This is our attempt to capture the view behind us... It sure was beautiful. We stayed in Tabernash and this ski resort, Sol Vista, was about 10 minutes away. It was smaller than most, but just perfect for us. (Plus it was cheaper than the bigger one Winter Park Resort and there were less people).



Ryan's really sexy mask... It snowed a bit while we were up there. Ryan was totally prepared for that!

Here is a good look at the mountain. It was so beautiful! It snowed and then cleared up in about 10 minutes! So pretty!

This is the "I am having fun" face! No, he never did fall...

Here he is in all his glory. What a cute guy! Notice the mustache? Yes, that is a mustache not a dirty lip. Ryan thought that since Mustache March is coming he might as well get a good start on his mustache. No, not a fan, but I guess once a year is ok. Yes, it is red... and poky.
We had a really fun time snow boarding! We might even try it again here locally! Oh, and thanks to our friends for loaning us all the snow clothes! We would have been cold with out...

No comments: