Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pet Spider



A few months ago, Ryan about landed this HUGE spider right on his face. This spider was easily the size of a quarter! He made his web from the corner of our roof, across our yard to the fence! Ryan went outside after a party we had at our house to clean up a little, and nearly walked into the center of the web. He grabbed me and a flashlight, and we watched the spider, hoping to see him catch something and devour it!

Well, he never did catch anything, but we caught him! I told Ryan that we needed to catch him and put him in a jar because if I didn't know where he was, I wouldn't be able to sleep... thinking that spider might just be in our house, or worse, in our bed!


We did catch that spider and kept him in a jar for several weeks. We caught flies and other insects to feed to him. He lived a good life in our jar, but one day, he died... At least we now know what it is like to have a pet spider. FYI he was only a garden spider...

1 comment:

Evan said...

I remember that spider. He looks scarier outside the jar! You've had your first pet, and maybe your only pet....